VRA is a legal entity and non-profit organization, represents the Vietnam rubber industry in participation, negotiation and signing of cooperation agreements with worldwide rubber organizations under the Government’s approval. VRA provides recommendations to governmental agencies on strategies, policies to support and encourage business in the Vietnam rubber industry and related industries.
VRA has been operating since the end of 2004. In February 2017, VRA has 134 members who are state-owned, private, joint-venture and foreign capital enterprises, comprising of producers, processors, manufacturers, traders, exporters, importers and organizations of finance, research, training, supporting and services related to the Vietnam rubber industry.
VRA is currently the member of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), the International Rubber Association (IRA), the ASEAN Rubber Business Council (ARBC), the Panel of Associates of the International Rubber Study Group (IRSG) and the collaborator of the Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries (ANRPC). Frequently, VRA exchanges information and participates in international conferences and workshops. Thereby, VRA has conditions to timely update the world rubber market situation and collect experience from other countries which have great achievements on the rubber development. These are fundamental basis for VRA to provide information and recommendations to its members, as well as contribute to the strategies for the development of rubber industry towards the sustainability.
In December 2006, VRA established the Vietnam Rubber Export Insurance Fund (Fund). Members who voluntarily participate in the Fund contribute up to 1% of their natural rubber export turnover to this Fund. The Fund would be a timely financial support to reduce risks in rubber production and export activities of members. The Fund also supports trade promotion for members and VRA’s development activities.
Since late 2014, the National Office of Intellectual Property has granted VRA Certification Mark “VIET NAM RUBBER” on domestic protection, which is the legal framework for the industry brand building. VRA has been continuous registration procedures for international intellectual property protection of this Certification Mark in target markets. In 2016, VRA has deployed the Phase I by issuing the use authorization of the Certification Mark to some typical members to create a basis for building up and developing the Vietnam Rubber Brand.
VRA’s main activities:
- Grouping enterprises to promote development in various aspects of the rubber industry, protecting members’ legal rights and representing its members in national and international relationships.
- Assisting members in manufacturing, trade promotion and business matching, investment calling, access to information, business opportunities, organizing and participation in conferences, trade fairs, exhibitions, study tours, brand building, market research, training, etc.
- Coordinating members, enterprises with governmental institutions and relevant organizations to propose strategies and policies related to rubber industry development, provide information, nominate awards on product quality, prestigious trade…
- Proposing measures for Vietnam rubber quality management referred to current legal basis; coordinating with relevant agencies to build up national regulations and standards, from raw materials to processed natural rubber, as a legal framework for quality control.
- Engaging to build up the Vietnam Rubber Industry Brand.
- Strengthening the cooperation with international rubber organizations and rubber consuming countries as well as producing countries in order to exchange information, forecast supply and demand, find solutions to deal with price volatility and move towards sustainable development.